Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

 These kids are funny.  They were a little upset that I told them we were making presents for mommy.  They wanted to know when we were going to make presents for them.  Why is there a Mothers Day?  But I told them its a day we make our mommies feel special and let them know that we love them.  So, I had this crazy idea to paint vases.  My kids did it for me last year and I loved it.  
 I spread out the newspaper and gave each child a vase.  We placed them upside down on the paper and then I told them to squeeze the paint down the vase.
They were a little concerned at first....
 But once they got the hang of it and realized how cool it looked, dripping down the sides...
 They really got into it!
 Here's the vases, drying in the window.
 Next, we went outside and picked some flowers.  We came in and glued the flowers in a heart shape and made a card for mommy!
 I took them to a grower in San Marcos and let them pick out flowers for their mommy's vases.

 Here's the finished gifts:
 I think they turned out pretty darn cute!
 And here's the one Brody made for me....

No comments: